Master of Arts
The MA program only accepts applications for each fall semester. The priority deadline is January 10. Late applications from domestic students will be considered on a space available basis.
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Graduate School application and fee
- Three academic/professional references
- Personal statement
- Portfolio or other evidence of creativity
- TOEFL (minimum 80 IBT) or IELTS (minimum 7.0) scores (international students only)
- Financial verification of support (international students only)
- Graduate School application
4+1 Admission Requirements
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Consideration will also be given to performance in interior design courses and studios.
- A detailed statement of intent expressing personal interest in the program along with research and career goals.
- A writing sample from a previous course.
- A scheduled interview with the admissions committee.
- Submission and oral presentation of a design project (upon request).
Students receiving admission recommendation will be required to enroll in and successfully complete Ed Psy 505 (Research Methods) and ID 594 (Readings) during the spring semester of their senior year and complete an official application with the WSU Graduate School. Final admission to both the 4+1 program and the Graduate School will be contingent upon successful completion of Ed Psy 505, ID 594 and all requirements for the baccalaureate degree. Students must receive a grade of C or above in Ed Psy 505 and ID 594 in order for those courses to be used towards the graduate program of study.
Applications are due November 18.
Details and application are available by clicking here (Application Packet).
WSU Graduate School
For more information about enrollment, opportunities, and other programs offered at the University, visit the Graduate School.
Jaime Rice, Ed.M.
Interdisciplinary Design Institute
PO Box 1495
Spokane, WA 99210-1495
Telephone: (509) 358-7945
Fax: (509) 358-7900